본문

위의 찬송가가 쓰여지게 된 연유를 잘 설명해준 글이다.
아래 링크에 있는 글을 빌려다 올리면서 유샤인의 번역을 동시에 올린다.
http://breadsite.org/hymnstories/jesuslovesevenme.htm

Jesus Loves Even Me
Words by P. P. Bliss Music by P. P. Bliss

"I am so glad that our Father in heaven
Tells of His love in the Book He has given.”
“I think it was in June, 1870, that ' Jesus Loves Even Me ' was written, ”writes Major Whittle. ”Mr. and Mrs. Bliss were at that time members of my family in Chicago. One morning Mrs. Bliss came down to breakfast and said, as she entered the room: ' Last night Mr. Bliss had a tune given to him that I think is going to live and be one of the most useful that he has written. I have been singing it all the morning, and I cannot get it out of my mind.' She then sang the notes over to us.

The idea of Bliss, in writing the hymn, was to bring out the truth that the peace and comfort of a Christian are not founded so much upon his love to Christ as upon Christ's love to him, and that to occupy the mind with Christ's love would produce love and consecration—as taught in Romans 5:5,' The love of God [to us] is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given unto us.'

How much God has used this little song to lead sinners and doubting Christians to look away to Jesus, eternity alone can tell."

Mr. Bliss said that this song was suggested to him by hearing the chorus of the hymn, ”Oh, how I love Jesus, ”repeated very frequently in a meeting which he attended. After joining in the chorus a number of times the thought came to him, ”Have I not been singing enough about my poor love for Jesus, and shall I not rather sing of his great love for me?” Under the impulse of this thought he went home and composed this, one of his most popular children's hymns.

“A young woman in England, ”says Major Whittle, ”went to a meeting where she heard Mr. Sankey sing, ' I am so glad that Jesus loves me.' While the hymn was being sung she began to feel for the first time in her life that she was a sinner. All her sins came up in an array before her; and so numerous and aggravated did they appear, that she imagined she could never be saved. She said in her heart, ' Jesus cannot love me. He could not love such a sinner as I.' She went home in a state of extreme mental anguish, and did not sleep that night.

Every opportunity to obtain more light was eagerly seized. She took her place in the inquiry-room; and there she found, to her astonishment and joy that Jesus could, did, does love sinners. She saw in God's open word that it was for sinners that he died, and for none others. When she realized this she began 'to sing' I am so glad that Jesus loves me,—Jesus loves even me.'"

A minister was holding meetings in Indiana. A few miles distant lived an old Englishman who had not been inside a church for seven years. He was persuaded to take his children to the meeting one Sunday night. He declared afterward that nothing of what was said or done interested him until the close of the service, when ' Jesus loves me ' was sung. On his way home, and until he went to sleep, he could think of nothing but the hymn. When he awoke in the morning the first thing he thought of was, ' Jesus loves me.' He could not get it out of his mind, and when he was out in the field afterward he could think of nothing else. Was it possible that God could love a sinner like him? His eyes were so blinded with tears that he could not see to go on with his work. Out on that lonely field the old man found his Saviour. The next evening he visited the meeting, and as he told his experience tears were in the eyes of all the people.

During the winter after the great fire in Chicago, when the place was being built up with small frame houses for the poor, a mother sent for me one day to visit her little sick girl, who was one of our Sunday school scholars. I remembered her quite well, and was glad to go. Finding that she was beyond hope of recovery, I asked how it was with her.

It is all well with me, ”she replied; ”but I wish you would speak to father and mother."

It was plain that she loved Jesus, and I asked her when she became a Christian. ”Don't you remember last Thursday in the Tabernacle, ”she said, ”when we had the children's meeting, and you sang ' Jesus loves me,' and don't you remember how you told us that if we would give our hearts to him he would love us? It was that day that I gave myself to Jesus. And now I am going to be with him, for the doctors say that I will die to-day."

The testimony of that little girl, in that neglected quarter of the city, did more to encourage me to sing on than anything else, for she was my first convert.

This song was much used in the meetings conducted by Mr. Moody in Great Britain in 1873-4, and was given out to the congregation as an opening hymn more often than any other. As written by Mr. Bliss it consisted of three verses and a chorus. Some one unknown to the writer has written three additional verses beginning,' Jesus loves me, and I know I love Him."

예수  사랑해 나까지도
가사와 곡  피. 피 .블리스

"기쁘다, 정말, 천국 우리 아버지 

주  사랑 알려주니주신책에서  .”
메이져 휘틀님은 “'예수 사랑해 나 나까지도'가 쓰여진 것이 1870년 6월이라고 생각한다."라고 썼다. 그리고 블리스 와 그의 부인은 당시 시카고에 있는 우리 가족일원이었다. 어느 날 아침 블리스부인은 아침 식사를 하러 내려와 방에 들어서면서 이렇게 말했다. ' 지난 밤 불리스씨는 그가 쓴 곡 중 가장 유용하게 쓰일 것 같은 곡을 영감 받았네요. 저는 아침 내내 그 노래를 불렀는데 그 찬송가를 제 마음에서 떨칠 수 없네요.' 그리고는 그녀는 우리에게 그 찬송가를 불러주었다.

그 찬송가를 작성할 때 블리스의 생각은  그리스도인의 평화와 위안은 그리스도에 대한 그들의 사랑보다도 그리스도의 그들에 대한 사랑에 기초하고 있다는 진리를 이끌어내고,  로마서 5장 5절에서  '[우리에 대한] 하나님의 사랑이 우리에게 주신 성신령님으로 말미암아 우리 마음에 부은 바 됨이니이다.'라고 가르친대로 그리스도인들의 마음을 하나님의 사랑으로 가득채우면 사랑과 헌신이 따라 생길것이라는 진실을 알리려는것이었다.

하나님께서 이 앳된 노래를 얼마나 많이 사용하여 죄인과 의심하는 그리스도인들이 예수에게 시선을 돌이게 했는지는 오직 영원만이 알릴 수 있겠다."

블리스 씨는 자신이 참석한 집회에서 “아, 우리 얼마나 예수 사랑하는지”라는 찬송가의 후렴구가 아주 자주 반복되는 것을 듣고 이 노래를 생각하게 되었다고 말했다. 여러번 그 합창을 부른후에, 그는 "내가 예수님에 대한 나의 미천한 사랑에 대해 충분히 노래하지 않았던가? 이제 나를 위한 예수의 위대한 사랑을 노래해야하지 않을 가?"라는 생각이 그에게 떠올랐다. 그런 충동적인  생각에 그는 집에 가서 이 찬송가, 그가 지은 어린이 찬송가 중 가장 인기있는 찬송가가된 이 곡을 작곡했다.

메이져 휘튼님는 말하기를 "영국의 한 젊은 여성이 모임에 가서 쌩키님이 '정말 기쁘다 예수 나를 사랑해 주시니'라는 노래를 들었다. 찬송가를 부르는 동안 그녀는 생애 처음으로 자신이 죄인임을 느끼기 시작했다. 그녀의 모든 죄가 그녀 앞에 일렬로 늘어서 있었다. 그리고 너무나 많고 가혹한 것들이 나타났기 때문에 그녀는 그녀가 결코 구원받을 수 없다고 생각했다. 그녀는 마음속으로 '예수님은 나를 사랑하실 수 없다. 그는 나 같은 죄인을 사랑할 수 없다.' 그녀는 극심한 정신적 고통을 안고 집으로 돌아갔고 그날 밤 잠을 이루지 못했다.

그녀는 가능한 한 더 많은 빛을 얻을 수 있는 모든 기회를 열렬히 붙잡았다. 그녀는 문의실에들어가  자리를 잡았다; 그리고 거기에서 그녀는 놀랍게도 그리고 기쁘게도 예수는 죄인을 사랑하실 수 있고, 사랑하신다는 사실을 알게 됬다. 그녀는 하나님의 공개된 말씀에서 그가 죽으신 것은 죄인을 위한 것이요 다른 사람을 위한 것이 아님을 보았다. 그녀가 이것을 깨달았을 때 그녀는 '노래'하기 시작했다. "정말 기쁘다 예수님이 나를 사랑하신다는 사실이. 예수 사랑하셔 
나까지도.'"

한 목사가 인디애나에서 집회를 열고 있었다. 몇 마일 떨어진 곳에 7년 동안 교회에 들어가지 않은 늙은 영국인이 살고 있었다. 그는 어느 일요일 밤 집회에 자녀들을 데리고 가도록 설득되었다. 그는 예배가 끝나 '예수 사랑하셔 나를 '라는 노래를 들을때 까지 설교도 진행된 행사에 아무  관심이 없었다고 나중에 선언했다. 집에 가는 길에서도 잠이 들 때까지 그는 그 찬송가 외에는 아무 생각도 할 수 없었다. 그가 아침에 일어나서 가장 먼저 생각한 것은 '예수님이 나를 사랑하신다'는 것이었다. 그는 그것을 마음에서 지울 수 없었고, 이후 밭에 나가서도 다른 생각은 할 수 없었다. 하나님께서 자신과 같은 죄인을 사랑하실 수 있을까? 그의 눈은 눈물로 가려져 작업을 계속할 수 없었다. 그 외로운 들판에서 그 노인은 구세주를 만났다. 이튿날 저녁 그는 집회에 나갔고 자신의 경험을 말했을 때 모든 사람들의 눈에는 눈물이 고였었다.

시카고 대화재 후 겨울, 가난한 사람들을 위한 작은 골조 주택을 짓고 있을 때 한 어머니가 어느 날 우리 주일학교 장학생 중 한 명인 병든 딸을 방문해 달라고 나를 불러 냈다. 나는 그녀를 아주 잘 기억했기에 가기를 기뻐했다. 그녀가 회복할 가망이 없다는 것을 잘 알고 있던 나는 그녀에게 상황을 물었다.

"내영혼 평안해요"라고 그녀는 대답했다. "하지만 어르신이 제 아버지와 어머니에게 말을 해주면 해요."

그녀가 예수님을 사랑하는 것이 분명했고 나는 그녀에게 언제 기독교인이 되었는지 물었다. 그녀는 “지난 목요일 교회에서 어린이집회를 가졌었을때 어르신이 '예수 나를 사랑하셔'를 불렀고 그때 우리가 우리 마음을 예수님에게 바치면 예수님이 우리를 사랑해 주신다고 말씀한거 기억하시죠? 저는 그날 제 마음을 예수님에게 드렸어요. 그리고 이제 저는 예수님과 같이 살려 갈겁니다. 의사들이 제가 오늘 죽을 것이라고말 했으니까요."

그 도시의 방치된 지역에 살던 그 어린 소녀의 간증은 그녀가 내가 처음으로 믿게 도운 사람이었기 때문에 다른 무엇보다도 내가 노래를 부르도록 격려하는 데 더 꽤 큰 도움이 되었다.

이 노래는 1873-4년에 영국에서 무디님이 주관한 집회에서 많이 사용되었으며 다른 어떤 노래보다 더 자주 개회 찬송으로 회중에게 불려졌다. 불리스님이 작곡한 이 찬송가는 원래 세 개의 구절과 한 개의 후렴으로 구성되어 있다. 작가가 모르는 어떤 사람이 '예수 나를 사랑하시고 나도 내가 그를 사랑하는 줄 알지'라는 세 구절을 더 써 붙였다.

작성일2022-05-10 15:00

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

SF 사랑방 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
2186 Die Fledermaus-Mein herr Marquis 박쥐, 나의 후작님 독어, 영어, 일어, 한글… 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-11 236
2185 나의 조국-박정희 작사작곡 My Homeland - Wrriten and composed by former… 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-11 234
2184 Die Fledermaus-Mein herr Marquis - Sumi Jo 박쥐, 나의 후작님 - 조수미 … 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-10 228
2183 다시 대한 만국 Rise Up The Republic Of Korea 노래: WLI Students 작시작곡… 댓글[1] 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-10 231
2182 중요한건 빼놓코 헛소리 하는 건국전쟁 영화 인기글 Gymlife2 2024-03-08 234
2181 -영화 ‘건국전쟁’ 을 보고- 나는 79학번 인하대 졸업생입니다. 댓글[1] 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 333
2180 O mio babbino caro, 아, 사랑하는 아빠, Oh my dear papa,  … 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 306
2179 살아야 할 이유? 무룡 (오디오만) The Reason To Live On - Muryong (audio o… 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 313
2178 막달라 마리아의 진실 - 우리는 지금 까지 막달라 마라이를 오해 했었다. 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-01 447
2177 답변글 Who Was Mary Magdalene in the Bible? 성경에 나오는 막달라 마리아는 누구였나? 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 443
2176 Jesus bleibet meine Freude, - Bach 나의 기쁨이신 예수 - 바흐 Jesus Rem… 인기글 유샤인 2024-01-20 652
2175 The Lily Of The Valley - Rev & Mrs Do Lee An offeri… 인기글 유샤인 2024-01-19 675
2174 꿈 Dream 황진이 시, 김안서 역시, 김성태곡, 손광선 노래 Poem: HwangJinYi, Lyrics… 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-23 981
2173 후애 厚愛 (아낌없는사랑) - 쏘프라노 김홍경, 박대웅 작곡, 조형정 작시 Bountiful Love - … 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-19 982
2172 시엔엔 (CNN)마저도 이제와서는 트럼프가 옳았고 바이든은 틀렸다!라고 보도하고 있다. 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-17 944
2171 명문대학 (성경의 하나님이 이승만 댜통령을 여하히 영적으로 성장시켰나를 알려주는 이야기다) 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-09 1078
2170 '살아야 할 이유 (The Reason To Live On)' 노래/Singer: 첫님 on Youtube … 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-01 1151
2169 가을밤 (이태선 시, 박태준 곡, 윤선애 노래) The Autumn Night - Singer: Yunm S… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-28 1139
2168 대한뉴스 제 1264-5호-故 박정희 대통령 국장 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-22 1061
2167 O del mio dolce ardor- Juan Florez 아, 나의 달콤한 열정이여 Oh, Of My … 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-22 1102
2166 O del mio dolce ardor- Jo Sumi 아, 나의 달콤한 열정이여 Oh, Of My Swee… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-21 1126
2165 시간에 기대어 -작시/작곡: 최진, Leaning on the time - 노래: 김홍경 소프라노와 그녀의 … 댓글[4] 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-11 1356
2164 All Things Bright And Beautiful - The Cambridge Singers John… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-05 1367
2163 도기질/ 쎄라믹 임플란트 와 티타늄 일플란트 비교 Zirconia Vs Titanium Implant for… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-05 1277
2162 사도신경 (아이반 헤누치) The Apostles' Creed (Ivan Genuchi) 샌프란시스코 매스터… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-26 1382
2161 기도 /저희를 인도하소서 주님 - CHC 밀레니얼 현악단과 성가대 The Prayer / Lead Us,… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-25 1356
2160 주의 길로 인도하소서 - 작시/작곡: 홍지열 샌프란시스코 매스터 코랄 합창 Lead me in Thy p… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-23 1305
2159 산유화 - 상항 매스터코랄 합창 6/2023 , 김소월시, 이현철작곡, 김현 편곡 Flowers In Th… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-18 1371
2158 A Marechiare -Giuseppe Di Stefano 마레키아레에 - 주세페 디 스테파노 Corsic… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-13 1395
2157 청산에 살으리라- 테너 박세원, 김연준 작시작곡 In A Green Mountain, I Shall Live… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-11 1384
게시물 검색
* 게시일 1년씩 검색합니다. '이전검색','다음검색'으로 계속 검색할 수 있습니다.
** 본 게시판의 게시물에 대하여 회사가 법적인 책임을 지지 않습니다.