SF 사랑방
* 욕설, 비방, 광고, 도배질 글은 임의로 삭제됩니다.

미국 상하원에서의 윤석렬 대통령 연설, 영상과 전문 영어와 한글 번역문

페이지 정보

유샤인

본문

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614jiKgMhwg&t=1512s

Alliance of Freedom, Alliance in Action

Mr. Speaker, Madam Vice President, Honorable Members of the United States Congress, Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Citizens of America,

"A new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."

I stand before that nation with the conviction of freedom, belief in the Alliance, and resolve to open a new future.

For 234 years, a Congress has been the symbol of freedom and democracy. This Chamber embodies the spirit of the Constitution. I am honored to address the Members of Congress and the people of the United States.

Thank you, both Democrats and Republicans, for passing the Resolution marking the 70th Anniversary of the Alliance. Your support has dignified my visit. I know that no matter where you sit, you stand with Korea.

Over the past century, we have faced many threats. But the U.S. has always led the world in defense of freedom.

Imperial nations fought for colonies. And humanity greatly suffered from the two World Wars. America righteously stepped in to defend freedom.

But it was not without cost.
We remember the leadership of General MacArthur and Admiral Nimitz. But more than 100,000 American men and women perished in the Pacific War.
Their sacrifice was not in vain.

U.S. leadership established the new world order based on free trade. It brought peace and prosperity throughout the world.
But prosperity was limited to free market economies where communist totalitarian nations did not participate. The world was divided into democratic and communist blocs.
In 1950, the Korean Peninsula was on the front line. The Soviet Union helped to rearm North Korea. North Korea's surprise attack threatened the peace on the Korean Peninsula and Asia. Korea's freedom and democracy were on the brink.

At that decisive moment, the U.S. did not look the other way. Korean and American soldiers stood shoulder to shoulder and fought bravely. Tales of our heroes were written.

General MacArthur caught the enemy off guard with the landing of Incheon and turned the tide of the war. Operation Chromite was one of the greatest decisions ever made in the history of war.

The U.S. 1st Marine Division miraculously broke through a wave of 120,000 Chinese troops at the Battle of Lake Changjin.
Sons and daughters of America sacrificed their lives to "defend a country they never knew and a people they never met."
In the Battle of Lake Changjin alone, 4,500 American service members lost their lives. Over the course of the War, almost 37,000 U.S. soldiers fell.

The late Colonel William Weber fought in the Battle for Hill 324 in Wonju. He lost his right arm and leg. Yet, this American hero dedicated his life to honoring the noble sacrifice made by the Korean War veterans.

Today we are honored to have his granddaughter Ms. Dayne Weber with us. Ms. Weber, would you stand up please?
On behalf of the Korean people, I would like to thank you deeply. We salute his noble service and sacrifice.
(Thank you, Dayne.)

Some of the Korean War heroes are your family and friends. The late John Conyers Jr., Sam Johnson, and Howard Coble were veteran Congressmen who promoted freedom and democracy. And the former Representative Charles Rangel has been a strong supporter of the Alliance.
Korea will never forget the great American heroes who fought with us to defend freedom.
Thank you. Thank you.

I take this opportunity to pay tribute to all the Korean War veterans and their families. You did not hesitate to send your sons and daughters, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters. You answered the call to defend the freedom of a country across the Pacific.

I thank the U.S. and its people for honoring the Korean War as a proud legacy. Thank you also for treating the veterans with honor and respect.
Thank you. Thank you.

The war ended after three years of intense battle. Our two nations signed the Mutual Defense Treaty and opened a new era of the alliance. Ever since, the Korean people rose from the ruins of war to build a thriving nation. And at every step, America has stood together with Korea.

We have many reasons to celebrate our Platinum Anniversary. We had no guarantees of success when we started. But today, our Alliance is stronger than ever, more prosperous together, and more connected like no other. Indeed, it has been the linchpin safeguarding our freedom, peace and prosperity.

Once a recipient of aid, Korea is the only nation in modern history to become a donor. This itself demonstrates the success of our Alliance.

Let me talk about the history of our Alliance. The ties of our cooperation and exchange span over 140 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations in 1882.

In the late 19th century, American missionaries helped to widely introduce the values of freedom and solidarity to Korea. These values are the foundations of Korea's Constitution. They have made a huge impact on our independence movement and the founding of Korea.

Horace Underwood, Henry Appenzeller, Mary Scranton, and Rosetta Hall are some of the missionaries to set foot in Korea at the end of the nineteenth century. They built schools and hospitals. They promoted education of women. Their efforts laid the foundations for many Korean women to advance into society as educators, journalists, and doctors.

In the early 1960s, the Kennedy administration recommended Professor Rostow's model for economic growth. President Park Chung-hee wisely embraced the idea and pushed economic development forward. It laid the foundation for Korea to become an industrialized country.

Known as the "Miracle on the Han River," Korea's economic growth rate was unrivaled. Korea was one of the Least Developed Countries after the war. Its annual income was just US$67 per capita. Now its economy ranks tenth in the world.
Thank you.

Seoul was once reduced to ashes. Now it is one of the world's most vibrant digital cities.
Busan was once flooded with war refugees. Now it is the world's second-largest port city in terms of transshipment volume. It is also bidding to host the World Expo 2030.

Korea is winning the hearts of global citizens. It is dynamic. Freedom is thriving and democracy is robust.

Korea and the U.S. have joined forces to safeguard freedom and democracy throughout the world. Since World War II, Korea dispatched its warriors of freedom. We fought side by side with the U.S. in Afghanistan, Iraq, and others.

For over 70 years in the history of the Alliance, we worked together in military and security sectors. We also expanded our cooperation in the economic field. Our relationship has evolved from one of unilateral assistance to a partnership that is mutually beneficial.

The KORUS FTA was approved with the full support of the U.S. Congress in 2011. Since then, our bilateral trade has increased by 68%. Korean companies' investment in America has tripled. U.S. companies' investment in Korea has nearly doubled.

Korean companies are contributing to vitalize the U.S. economy. They are producing EV batteries, semiconductors, cars, and other products here in America. And more importantly, they are creating decent, well-paying jobs.

Take Austin, Texas. Samsung's semiconductor plant has created nearly 10,000 jobs as of 2020.
Take Bryan County, Georgia. Hyundai's EV and battery plant is expected to be operational by late 2024. It will produce 300,000 electric vehicles every year. It will employ thousands of Americans.

And take Bay City, Michigan. It is home to SK Siltron CSS, where President Biden visited. It is an example of Korean and American companies merging to achieve even greater growth.

I hope to see more economic cooperation in other parts of America. In this regard, I count on your keen interest and support.

My friends, years of active cultural and people-to-people exchanges have deepened our friendship. This year also marks the 120th anniversary of Korean immigration to the U.S.

Early Korean immigrants arrived as workers on sugar cane plantations in Hawaii. Since then, Korean Americans have made their way into many parts of the American society. They have played an important role fostering closer friendship and writing the history of our Alliance.

Representatives Young Kim, Andy Kim, Michelle Steel, and Marilyn Strickland are here with us. They are a testament to the Alliance spanning generations.

That's two for each party. It's a relief that you are evenly placed across the aisle.

Even more, culture is helping to further deepen our understanding and friendship. Nationality and language differences are no longer barriers.

Korean movies "Parasite" and "Minari" have won Oscars. Hollywood films "Top Gun" and "the Avengers" are loved by Koreans. I also love "Top Gun: Maverick" and also "Mission Impossible."

And even if you didn't know my name, you may know BTS and BLACKPINK. BTS beat me to the White House. But I beat them to Capitol Hill. Korean and American singers reaching high places in each other's music charts is no longer a surprise.

The U.S. created global platforms like Netflix. Korea has produced popular series such as "Squid Game." We are creating a new pattern of synergy.

These cultural exchanges have brought our peoples closer. According to Chicago Council on Global Affairs, Americans' positive views of Korea reached the highest level since 1978. And according to a Pew survey last year, Koreans' positive views of the U.S. reached 89%. It marks the largest increase among all the countries surveyed.

Korea and the U.S. agreed to set up an assistance program for our students. It will help them to study and find jobs actively in each other's country.

Honorable Members of Congress,
I have had two careers in my life. My first job was as a public prosecutor. My second job is serving as the President of my beloved country.

As prosecutor, my role model was the late Robert Morgenthau. He was the real-life character of District Attorney Adam Schiff in "Law & Order." When I was the Prosecutor General, I printed a book titled "Robert Morgenthau: America's Eternal Attorney." I shared it with my junior prosecutors.

In the preface, I included the phrase: an attorney who is silent in the face of great evil will not even stop pickpockets in the neighborhood.

Today, our democracy is at risk.
Democracy is a community's political decision-making system to protect freedom and human rights. Such decision-making must be based on truths and freely formed public opinion.

But today in many parts of the world, false propaganda and disinformation are distorting the truth and public opinion. They are threatening democracy.

The rule of law allows the freedoms of everyone to coexist. It is upheld by parliamentary democracy.

False propaganda and disinformation corrupt intellectualism. They threaten democracy and the rule of law.

Such totalitarian forces may conceal and disguise themselves as defenders of democracy or human rights. But in reality, they deny freedom and democracy.
We must not be fooled by such deception and disguises.

We have for so long protected democracy and the rule of law with our blood and sweat.
We must work together and fight the forces of falsehood and deception that seek to destroy democracy and the rule of law.

Those who cherish freedom also respect the freedom of others. Thus, freedom brings peace. Peace, in turn, safeguards freedom. Freedom and peace are sources of creativity and innovation. They bring prosperity and abundance.

Our Alliance was forged 70 years ago to defend Korea's freedom. The Alliance has now become a global alliance that safeguards freedom and peace around the world. Korea will fulfill its responsibilities. It will play its part that matches its economic capacity.

In his 1961 Inauguration Address, President John F. Kennedy said, "My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." Korea will stand in solidarity with the international community. We will do what we can for the freedom of humanity.

Korea, with the U.S., will march toward the future.
As I took office last year, I pledged to rebuild Korea: a nation belonging to the people rooted in freedom, democracy, and market economy; a nation that the people can be truly proud of, as it fulfills its role as a responsible member of the international community.

Together with the U.S., Korea will play the role as a "compass for freedom." It will safeguard and broaden the freedom of citizens of the world.

But even as we walked in unison for freedom for 70 years, there is one regime determined to pursue a wrong path. That is North Korea.

The difference is stark between Seoul that chose freedom and democracy and Pyongyang that chose dictatorship and communism. North Korea has abandoned freedom and prosperity and dismissed peace.

North Korea's nuclear program and missile provocations pose a serious threat to the peace on the Korean Peninsula and beyond.
To deter its reckless behavior, the alliance must stand united with determination. As President Reagan once said: "There is a price we will not pay. There is a point beyond which they must not advance." We must make his words clear to North Korea.

Yesterday, President Biden and I agreed to strengthen the U.S. extended deterrence.
Along with close Korea-U.S. coordination, we need to speed up Korea-U.S.-Japan trilateral security cooperation to counter increasing North Korean nuclear threats.

My government will respond firmly to provocations. But at the same time, we will keep the door open for dialogue on North Korea's denuclearization.

Last year, I proposed the "Audacious Initiative." It will significantly improve North Korea's economy and livelihood. All Pyongyang has to do is to stop its nuclear program and begin a substantive denuclearization process.

I once again urge North Korea to cease its provocations and take the right path. Korea, with the U.S., will continue to work for North Korea's denuclearization.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

North Korea's obsession with nuclear weapons and missiles is throwing its population into a severe economic crisis and human rights abuses.

We must raise global awareness of the dire human rights situation in North Korea. We must not shy away from our duty to promote freedom for North Koreans.
Last month, my government published a report on North Korean human rights. We released it to the public for the first time.

The report documents a wide range of abuses in North Korea. It is based on the testimonies of 508 North Korean defectors collected over the past five years. It records many cases of serious violations of international norms such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other human rights agreements.

Unspeakable and horrendous incidents took place: men and women being shot and killed for violating COVID-19 prevention measures; some being publicly executed for watching and sharing South Korean shows; and people being shot in public for possessing the Bible and having faith.

We need to raise awareness. We must inform the world of the gravity of North Korea's human rights violations. I ask for your help in improving North Korea's grim conditions.

My friends, freedom and democracy are once again under threat. The war against Ukraine is a violation of international law. It is an attempt to unilaterally change the status quo with force. Korea strongly condemns the unprovoked armed attack against Ukraine.

When North Korea invaded us in 1950, democracies came running to help us. We fought together and kept our freedom. The rest is history.

Korea's experience shows us just how important it is for democracies to uphold solidarity. Korea will stand in solidarity with the free world. We will actively work to safeguard the freedom of the people of Ukraine and support their efforts in reconstruction.

Honorable Members of Congress,
So far six Korean Presidents spoke at this important Chamber. The first Korean President, Dr. Rhee Syngman, delivered his speech in 1954. After 35 years in 1989, President Roh Tae-woo standing at this podium said the following:

"The nations of the Pacific have made open society and market economy, the engines that drive the fastest growing region in the world. The Pacific will become even more important to the U.S., and Korea will begin to contribute more to the prosperity and peace of the region… I look forward to the day when some future Korean Presidents may be invited to address this distinguished assembly and describe the vision I spoke of today as an achievement fulfilled, not as tomorrow's hope."
President Roh's vision has become a reality.
Thank you, thank you.

We are currently living in the Indo-Pacific era. This region is home to 65% of the global population, and 62% of the world GDP. It accounts for a half of global maritime transportation.

Last year, Korea announced its first comprehensive Indo-Pacific Strategy. Korea is committed to fostering a "free, peaceful, and prosperous Indo-Pacific" based on inclusiveness, trust, and reciprocity.

We will strengthen the rules-based order in the Indo-Pacific. We will take a comprehensive and multi-layered approach in expanding cooperation with key partners.
This also means that the stage for the Alliance is expanding.

Korea used to receive assistance from USAID. It is now sharing its experience with developing countries in partnership with the U.S. Korea has greatly increased its ODA budget. It is providing tailored programs in tune with the needs of its partners.

Yesterday, President Biden and I adopted a joint statement. It presents a vision of the "Alliance in Action towards the Future."

Together, our two countries will broaden our Alliance.
Together, we will lead in innovation beyond security and foreign policy. We will work closely on artificial intelligence, quantum technology, bioscience, and Open RAN.

Our partnership in the cutting-edge semiconductor industry will contribute to establishing stable and resilient supply chains. It will also address economic uncertainties.

Together, we will open another new successful chapter. We will explore new frontiers in outer space and cyberspace.
Korea and the U.S. are the world's top technological powers leading innovation and creativity. Together, we will create a great synergy.

Mr. Speaker,
Madam Vice President,
and Honorable Members of Congress,
Our Alliance is an alliance of universal values. Freedom, human rights, and democracy are the very foundations of our bonds.
Our Alliance is for justice.
Our Alliance is for peace.
Our Alliance is for prosperity.
Together, our Alliance will continue to move towards the future.

We will build the world of tomorrow that opens endless opportunities for our future generations.
I look forward to everyone being on board for our new journey together.
God bless you, God bless the United States of America, and may God bless our great alliance.
Thank you.

자유 동맹, 행동하는 동맹

국회의장님, 부통령여사님,

존경하는 미국 의회 의원 여러분, 내외귀빈 여러분, 신사숙녀 여러분, 친애하는 미국 시민 여러분,

"자유에서 잉태되고 모든 사람이 평등하게 태어났다는 명제에 전념하는 새로운 국가."

나는 자유의 확신, 한미동맹의 신념, 새로운 미래를 열어가는 각오로 그 나라 앞에 서 있습니다.

234년 동안 의회는 자유와 민주주의의 상징이었습니다. 이 상하의원은 헌법의 정신을 구현합니다. 국회의원들과 미합중국 국민들에게 연설하게 되어 영광입니다.

동맹 70주년을 기념하는 결의안을 통과시켜 주신 민주당원과 공화당원 모두에게 감사드립니다. 귀하들의 지원은 저의 방문을 품위있게 만들었습니다. 나는 여러분들이 어느 쪽에 앉아 있든 한국과 함께 서 있다는 것을 압니다.

지난 세기 동안 우리는 많은 위협에 직면했습니다. 그러나 미국은 항상 자유를 수호하는 데 있어 세계를 주도해 왔습니다.

제국주의 국가들은 식민지를 위해 싸웠습니다. 그리고 인류는 두 차례의 세계 대전으로 큰 고통을 겪었습니다. 미국은 자유를 수호하기 위해 의롭게 개입했습니다.

그러나 그 개입은 비용들지 않고가 아니었습니다.

우리는 맥아더 장군과 니미츠 제독의 리더십을 기억합니다. 그러나 100,000명 이상의 미국 남녀가 태평양 전쟁에서 사망했습니다.

그들의 희생은 헛되지 않았습니다.

미국 지도부는 자유 무역을 바탕으로 새로운 세계 질서를 수립했습니다. 전 세계에 평화와 번영을 가져왔습니다.

그러나 그번영에 공산주의 전체주의 국가가 참여하지 않는 자유 시장 경제로 제한되었습니다. 세계는 민주주의 진영과 공산주의 진영으로 나뉘었습니다.

1950년 한반도는 최전선에 있었습니다. 소련은 북한의 재무장을 도왔슺니다. 북한의 기습공격은 한반도와 아시아의 평화를 위협했습니다. 한국의 자유와 민주주의가 위기에 처했습니다.

그 결정적 순간에 미국은 외면하지 않았습니다. 한국군과 미군 병사들은 어깨를 맞대고 용감하게 싸웠습니다. 우리 영웅들의 이야기가 쓰여졌습니다.

맥아더 장군은 인천상륙작전으로 적의 허를 찌르고 전세를 역전시켰습니다. 크로마이트 작전은 전쟁 역사상 가장 위대한 결정 중 하나였습니다.

미 제1해병사단은 장진호 전투에서 중국군 12만 대군을 기적적으로 돌파했습니다.

미국의 아들딸들은 "그들이 알지도 못하는 나라와 한 번도 만난 적 없는 사람들을 지키기 위해" 목숨을 바쳤습니다.
장진호 전투에서만 미군 4,500명이 목숨을 잃었습니다. 전쟁이 진행되는 동안 거의 37,000명의 미군이 전사했습니다.

故 윌리엄 웨버 대령은 원주 324고지 전투에 참전했습니다. 오른팔과 다리를 잃었습니다. 그러나 이 미국의 영웅은 한국전쟁 참전용사들의 숭고한 희생을 기리기 위해 평생을 바쳤습니다.

오늘 우리는 그의 손녀 데인 웨버양이 우리와 함께하는 데 웨버 양. 일어서 주시겠습니까?
국민을 대표하여 깊이 감사드립니다. 그의 숭고한 봉사와 희생에 경의를 표합니다.
(고마워, 데인.)

한국 전쟁 영웅 중 일부는 여러분의 가족과 친구들입니다. 작고한 John Conyers Jr., Sam Johnson, Howard Coble는 자유와 민주주의를 장려한 베테랑 국회의원이었습니다. 그리고 전 하원의원 Charles Rangel은 동맹의 강력한 지지자였습니다.
한국은 자유를 수호하기 위해 우리와 함께 싸운 위대한 미국의 영웅들을 결코 잊지 않을 것입니다.
감사합니다. 감사합니다.

이 자리를 빌어 모든 한국전쟁 참전용사와 가족들에게 경의를 표합니다. 여러분들은 주저하지 않고 여러분들의 아들과 딸, 남편과 아내, 형제와 자매를 보냈습니다. 여러분은 태평양 건너 국가의 자유를 수호하라는 부름에 응답했습니다.

한국전쟁을 자랑스러운 유산으로 기리는 미국과 국민들에게 감사드립니다. 참전 용사들을 존경과 존경심으로 대해 주셔서 감사합니다.
감사합니다. 감사합니다.

전쟁은 3년 간의 치열한 전투 끝에 끝났습니다. 우리 두 나라는 상호방위조약을 체결하고 동맹의 새 시대를 열었습니다. 그 이후로 한민족은 전쟁의 폐허를 딛고 일어나 강성국가를 건설했습니다. 그리고 모든 단계에서 미국은 한국과 함께했습니다.

플래티넘 기념일을 축하해야 할 많은 이유가 있습니다. 시작했을 때 성공할 것이라는 보장이 없었습니다. 그러나 오늘날 우리 동맹은 그 어느 때보다 강하고 함께 번영하며 그 어느 때보다 긴밀하게 연결되어 있습니다. 실제로 그것은 우리의 자유, 평화, 번영을 지키는 핵심축이었습니다.

한때 원조를 받았던 한국이 현대사에서 유일하게 공여국이 된 나라입니다. 이것은 그 자체로 우리 동맹의 성공을 보여줍니다.

우리 동맹의 역사에 대해 이야기하겠습니다. 1882년에 양국간의 수교 이래 140년이 넘는 세월간에 협력과 교류가 있었습니다.

19세기 후반 미국 선교사들은 한국에 자유와 연대의 가치를 널리 알리는데 일조했습니다. 이러한 가치들이 대한민국 헌법의 근간이 되었습니다. 그들은 우리의 독립운동과 건국에 큰 영향을 미쳤습니다.

Horace Underwood, Henry Appenzeller, Mary Scranton, Rosetta Hall들은 19세기 말에 한국에 발을 디딘 선교사들입니다. 그들은 학교와 병원을 세웠습니다. 그들은 여성 교육을 장려했습니다. 그들의 노력은 많은 한국 여성들이 교육자, 언론인, 의사로서 사회에 진출할 수 있는 기반을 마련했습니다.

1960년대 초 케네디 행정부는 경제성장을 위해 로스토우 교수의 모델을 추천했습니다. 박정희 대통령은 이를 슬기롭게 받아들여 경제발전을 추진했습니다. 한국이 선진국이 될 수 있는 기반을 마련한 것입니다.

"한강의 기적"으로 알려진 한국의 경제성장률은 타의 추종을 불허했습니다. 한국은 전쟁 후 최빈국 중 하나였습니다. 연간 소득은 1인당 미화 67달러에 불과했습니다. 이제 그 경제는 세계 10위입니다.
감사합니다.

서울시는 한때 잿더미가 되었었습니다. 이제 그곳은 세계에서 가장 활기찬 디지털 도시 중 하나입니다.
한때 부산은 전쟁 피난민으로 넘쳐났습니다. 현재 환적 물동량 측면에서 세계에서 두 번째로 큰 항구 도시입니다. 또한 2030년에 있을 세계 박람회 유치를 위해 입찰 중입니다.

대한민국이 세계인의 마음을 사로잡고 있습니다. 역동적입니다. 자유는 번성하고 민주주의는 견고합니다.

한국과 미국은 전 세계의 자유와 민주주의를 수호하기 위해 힘을 합쳤습니다. 한국은 제2차 세계대전 이후 자유의 전사들을 파병했습니다. 우리는 아프가니스탄, 이라크 등에서 미국과 나란히 싸웠습니다.

동맹의 역사에서 70년이 넘는 시간 동안 우리는 군사 및 안보 분야에서 함께 일했습니다. 경제 분야에서도 협력을 확대했습니다. 우리의 관계는 일방적인 지원에서 상호 이익이 되는 파트너십으로 발전했습니다.

한미 FTA는 2011년 미 의회의 전폭적인 지지를 받아 승인되었습니다. 그 이후로 양국간 무역은 68% 증가했습니다. 한국 기업의 미국 투자가 3배로 늘었다. 미국 기업의 한국 투자가 두 배 가까이 늘었다.

한국 기업들이 미국 경제 활성화에 기여하고 있습니다. 그들은 미국에서 EV 전자 배터리, 반도체, 자동차 및 기타 제품을 생산하고 있습니다. 그리고 더 중요한 것은 그들이 품위 있고 보수가 좋은 일자리를 창출하고 있다는 것입니다.

텍사스 오스틴을 예로 들자면, 삼성의 반도체 공장은 현재 거의 10,000개의 일자리를 창출했습니다.
조지아 주 브라이언 카운티를 예로든다면,  현대자동차의 EV 전자 및 배터리 공장은 2024년 말까지 가동될 예정입니다. 연간 300,000대의 전기 자동차를 생산할 것입니다. 수천 명의 미국인을 고용할 것입니다.

그리고 미시간 주 베이 시티를 에로 든다면,  그곳은 바이든 대통령이 방문하신 SK실트론 CSS회사가 거주하는 곳입니다. 한국과 미국 기업이 합병해 더 큰 성장을 이룬 사례입니다.

나는 미국의 다른 지역에서 더 많은 경제 협력을 보게되기를 희망합니다. 이에 많은 관심과 성원 부탁드립니다.

친구 여러분, 수년간 활발한 문화 및 인적 교류를 통해 우리의 우정은 깊어졌습니다. 올해는 한국인의 미국 이민 120주년이기도 합니다.

초기 한인 이민자들은 하와이의 사탕수수 농장에 일꾼으로 도착했습니다. 그 이후로 한인들은 미국 사회의 많은 부분에 진출했습니다. 그들은 더 친밀한 우정을 키우고 우리 동맹의 역사를 쓰는 데 중요한 역할을 했습니다.

Young Kim 의원, Andy Kim 의원표, Michelle Steel 의원, Marilyn Strickland 의원님들이 함께하고 있습니다. 그것들은 여러 세대에 걸친 협조/동맹으의 증거입니다.

미국 정당마다 2명의 한국계 의원이 있다는 사실입니다.양쪽  통로에 고르게 배치되어 있어서 다행입니다.

더욱이 문화는 우리의 이해와 우정을 더욱 깊게 하는 데 도움이 됩니다. 국적과 언어의 차이는 더 이상 장벽이 아닙니다.

한국 영화 '기생충'과 '미나리'가 오스카상을 수상했습니다. 할리우드 영화 '탑건'과 '어벤져스'는 한국인들에게 큰 사랑을 받고 있습니다. 나는 또한 "탑건: 매버릭"과 "미션 임파서블"도 좋아합니다.

그리고 내 이름을 모르더라도 방탄소년단과 블랙핑크는 알고 있을 것이다. 방탄소년단이 저보다 미국 백악관을 더 빨리 와 나를 이겼습니다. 그러나 나는 그들을 Capitol Hill에 먼저 옴으로서 그들을 이겼습니다. 한국과 미국 가수들이 서로의 음원차트 상위권에 오르는 것은 더 이상 놀라운 일이 아닙니다.

미국은 넷플릭스 같은 글로벌 플랫폼을 만들었다. 한국은 "오징어 게임"과 같은 인기 시리즈를 제작했습니다. 새로운 시너지 패턴을 만들어 가고 있습니다.

이러한 문화 교류는 우리 민족을 더 가깝게 만들었습니다. 시카고 국제문제협의회에 따르면 미국인들의 한국에 대한 긍정적 시각은 1978년 이후 최고 수준에 이르렀답니다. 이는 조사 대상 국가 중 가장 큰 증가폭입니다.

한국과 미국은 우리 학생들을 위한 지원 프로그램을 마련하기로 합의했습니다. 서로의 나라에서 적극적으로 공부하고 일자리를 찾는 데 도움이 될 것입니다.

존경하는 국회의원 여러분,
나는 내 인생에서 두 가지 경력을 가졌습니다. 나의 첫 직업은 검사였습니다. 제 두 번째 직업은 사랑하는 조국의 대통령입니다.

검사로서 제 롤모델은 고(故) 로버트 모겐소(Robert Morgenthau)였습니다. 그는 "Law & Order"에서 지방 검사 Adam Schiff의 실제 캐릭터였습니다. 내가 검찰총장이었을 때 나는 "Robert Morgenthau: America's Eternal Attorney"라는 제목의 책을 ​​출판했습니다. 후배 검사들과 공유했습니다.

서문에 '큰 악 앞에 침묵하는 변호사는 동네 소매치기도 막지 못한다'는 문구를 넣었습니다.

오늘날 우리의 민주주의는 위험에 처해 있습니다.
민주주의는 자유와 인권을 보호하기 위한 공동체의 정치적 의사결정 체계입니다. 그러한 의사 결정은 사실과 자유롭게 형성된 여론에 근거해야 합니다.

그러나 오늘날 세계 곳곳에서 거짓 선전과 허위 정보가 진실과 여론을 왜곡하고 있습니다. 그들은 민주주의를 위협하고 있습니다.

법의 지배는 모든 사람의 자유가 공존하도록 허용합니다. 그것은 의회 민주주의에 의해 성취됩니다.

거짓 선전과 허위 정보는 지식주의를 부패시킵니다. 그들은 민주주의와 법치를 위협합니다

이러한 전체주의 세력은 자신을 민주주의나 인권의 수호자로 은폐하고 위장할 수 있습니다. 그러나 실제로 그들은 자유와 민주주의를 부정합니다.
우리는 그러한 속임수와 변장에 속지 말아야 합니다.

우리는 오랫동안 피와 땀으로 민주주의와 법치를 지켜왔습니다.
우리는 협력하여 민주주의와 법치를 파괴하려는 거짓과 속임수의 세력에 맞서 싸워야 합니다.

자유를 소중히 여기는 사람은 다른 사람의 자유도 존중합니다. 따라서 자유는 평화를 가져옵니다. 평화는 자유를 보호합니다. 자유와 평화는 창조와 혁신의 원천입니다. 그들은 번영과 풍요를 가져옵니다.

우리 동맹은 70년 전에 한국의 자유를 수호하기 위해 결성되었습니다. 한미동맹은 이제 전 세계의 자유와 평화를 수호하는 글로벌 동맹이 되었습니다. 한국은 책임을 다할 것입니다. 경제력에 걸맞은 역할을 할 것이다.

1961년 취임 연설에서 존 F. 케네디 대통령은 이렇게 말했습니다. 한국은 국제사회와 연대할 것입니다. 우리는 인류의 자유를 위해 우리가 할 수 있는 일을 할 것입니다.

한국은 미국과 함께 미래로 나아갈 것입니다.

저는 작년에 취임하면서 자유와 민주주의, 시장경제에 뿌리를 둔 국민의 나라, 대한민국을 재건하겠다고 다짐했습니다. 국제사회의 책임있는 일원으로서의 역할을 다하는 국민이 진정으로 자랑스러워할 수 있는 나라입니다.

한국은 미국과 함께 '자유의 나침판' 역할을 할 것입니다. 그것은 세계 시민의 자유를 보호하고 넓힐 것입니다.

그러나 우리가 70년 동안 자유를 위해 한마음으로 걸어가는 동안에도 잘못된 길을 가기로 결심한 정권이 하나 있습니다. 바로 북한입니다.

자유와 민주주의를 선택한 서울과 독재와 공산주의를 선택한 평양의 차이는 극명하다. 북한은 자유와 번영을 포기하고 평화를 무시했습니다.

북한의 핵 프로그램과 미사일 도발은 한반도와 그 너머의 평화에 심각한 위협이 되고 있습니다.
무모한 행동을 저지하려면 한미동맹이 굳건히 뭉쳐야 합니다. 레이건 대통령이 언젠가 말했듯이 "우리가 지불하지 않을 대가가 있습니다. 그들이 전진해서는 안 되는 지점이 있습니다." 우리는 그의 말을 북한에 분명히 해야 합니다.

어제 바이든 대통령과 저는 미국의 확장억제력을 강화하기로 합의했습니다.
긴밀한 한미동맹과 함께 조율을 통해 점증하는 북핵 위협에 대응하기 위한 한미일 3국 안보협력을 가속화해야 합니다.

우리 정부는 도발에 단호히 대응하겠습니다. 그러나 동시에 우리는 북한의 비핵화를 위한 대화의 문을 열어둘 것입니다.

작년에 저는 "Audacious Initiative대담한 주도권"를 제안했습니다. 그것은 북한의 경제와 민생을 크게 향상시킬 것입니다. 북한이 해야 할 일은 핵 프로그램을 중단하고 실질적인 비핵화 프로세스를 시작하는 것뿐입니다.

북한이 도발을 중단하고 옳은 길을 갈 것을 다시 한 번 나는 촉구합니다. 한국은 미국과 함께 북한의 비핵화를 위해 계속 노력할 것입니다.
고마워, 고마워, 고마워.

핵무기와 미사일에 대한 북한의 집착은 주민들을 심각한 경제 위기와 인권 침해에 빠뜨리고 있습니다.

우리는 북한의 열악한 인권 상황에 대한 국제적 인식을 높여야 합니다. 우리는 북한 주민의 자유를 증진해야 하는 의무를 회피해서는 안 됩니다.
지난달 우리 정부는 북한인권에 관한 보고서를 발간했습니다. 처음으로 대중에게 공개했습니다.

이 보고서는 북한의 광범위한 학대를 기록하고 있습니다. 지난 5년 간 수집한 탈북자 508명의 증언을 바탕으로 합니다. 세계 인권 선언 및 기타 인권 협약과 같은 국제 규범을 심각하게 위반한 사례가 많이 기록되어 있습니다.

형언할 수 없는 참혹한 사건들이 발생했습니다. 일부는 한국 쇼를 시청하고 공유했다는 이유로 공개처형을 당하고 있습니다. 성경을 소지하고 신앙을 가졌다는 이유로 공개적으로 총살당했습니다.

인식을 높여야 합니다. 북한 인권 침해의 심각성을 세계에 알려야 합니다. 북한의 암울한 상황을 개선하는 데 도움을 요청합니다.

나의 친구들이여, 자유와 민주주의가 다시 한 번 위협을 받고 있습니다. 우크라이나와의 전쟁은 국제법 위반입니다. 일방적으로 힘으로 현상을 바꾸려는 시도다. 한국은 우크라이나에 대한 이유 없는 무력 공격을 강력히 규탄합니다.

1950년 북한이 우리를 침략했을 때 민주주의가 달려와 우리를 도왔습니다. 우리는 함께 싸웠고 자유를 지켰습니다. 나머지는 역사이다.

한국의 경험은 민주주의가 연대를 유지하는 것이 얼마나 중요한지를 보여줍니다. 대한민국은 자유세계와 연대할 것입니다. 우리는 우크라이나 국민의 자유를 수호하고 그들의 재건 노력을 지원하기 위해 적극적으로 노력할 것입니다.

존경하는 국회의원 여러분,
지금까지 6명의 한국 대통령이 이 중요한 회의장에서 연설했습니다. 1954년 대한민국 초대 대통령 이승만 박사가 연설을 했습니다. 35년이 지난 1989년 노태우 대통령이 이 연단에 서서 이렇게 말했습니다.

"태평양 국가들은 세계에서 가장 빠르게 성장하는 지역을 견인하는 엔진인 열린 사회와 시장 경제를 만들었습니다. 태평양은 미국에게 더욱 중요해질 것이며 한국은 미국의 번영과 평화에 더 많이 기여할 것입니다. 이 지역... 저는 미래의 한국 대통령들이 이 훌륭한 총회에서 연설하도록 초청되어 제가 오늘 말씀드린 비전을 내일의 희망이 아니라 성취된 성취로 설명할 수 있는 날이 오기를 기대합니다."
노 대통령의 비전은 현실이 되었습니다.
고마습니다, 고마워요.

우리는 현재 인도 태평양 시대에 살고 있습니다. 이 지역은 세계 인구의 65%, 세계 GDP의 62%가 거주하는 지역입니다. 전 세계 해상 운송의 절반을 차지합니다.

지난해 한국은 포괄적인 인도·태평양 전략을 최초로 발표했다. 한국은 포용, 신뢰, 상호주의를 바탕으로 "자유롭고 평화롭고 번영하는 인도-태평양"을 조성하기 위해 노력하고 있습니다.

규칙 기반 질서를 강화하겠습니다.

지난해 한국은 포괄적인 인도·태평양 전략을 최초로 발표했다. 한국은 포용, 신뢰, 상호주의를 바탕으로 "자유롭고 평화롭고 번영하는 인도-태평양"을 조성하기 위해 노력하고 있습니다.

우리는 인도 태평양에서 규칙 기반 질서를 강화할 것입니다. 우리는 주요 파트너들과 협력을 확대하기 위해 포괄적이고 다층적인 접근을 할 것입니다.
동맹의 무대가 넓어지고 있다는 뜻이기도 합니다.

한국은 USAID의 지원을 받곤 했습니다. 미국과 협력해 개발도상국과 경험을 공유하고 있습니다. 한국은 ODA 예산을 대폭 늘렸습니다. 파트너의 요구에 맞는 맞춤형 프로그램을 제공하고 있습니다.

어제 바이든 대통령과 저는 공동성명을 채택했습니다. 그것은 "미래를 향한 행동하는 동맹"의 비전을 제시합니다.

우리 두 나라는 함께 동맹을 확장할 것입니다.
우리는 함께 안보와 외교를 넘어 혁신을 주도할 것입니다. 우리는 인공 지능, 양자 기술, 생명 과학 및 Open RAN에 긴밀히 협력할 것입니다.

최첨단 반도체 산업과의 파트너십은 안정적이고 탄력적인 공급망 구축에 기여할 것입니다. 또한 경제적 불확실성도 해결할 것입니다.

우리는 함께 또 다른 성공적인 새로운 장을 열 것입니다. 우리는 우주 공간과 사이버 공간의 새로운 영역을 탐험할 것입니다.
한국과 미국은 혁신과 창조를 주도하는 세계 최고의 기술 강국입니다. 함께하면 큰 시너지 효과를 낼 것입니다.

구회의장님, 부통령 여사님, 존경하는 국회의원 여러분,
우리 동맹은 보편적 가치의 동맹입니다. 자유, 인권, 민주주의는 우리 유대의 기초입니다.
우리의 동맹은 정의를 위한 것입니다.
우리의 동맹은 평화를 위한 것입니다.
우리의 동맹은 번영을 위한 것입니다.
우리 동맹은 함께 미래를 향해 계속 나아갈 것입니다.

미래세대에게 무한한 기회를 열어주는 내일의 세상을 만들어 가겠습니다.
우리의 새로운 여정을 함께할 여러분을 기대합니다.
하나님의 축복이 여러분을,하나님의 축복이 미합중국에,하나님의 축복이 우리의 위대한 동맹을 촉복하시기를 기원합니다.
감사합니다.

번역: 구글번역기를 사용하여 유샤인

작성일2023-04-27 21:00

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

SF 사랑방 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
2186 Die Fledermaus-Mein herr Marquis 박쥐, 나의 후작님 독어, 영어, 일어, 한글… 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-11 228
2185 나의 조국-박정희 작사작곡 My Homeland - Wrriten and composed by former… 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-11 228
2184 Die Fledermaus-Mein herr Marquis - Sumi Jo 박쥐, 나의 후작님 - 조수미 … 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-10 222
2183 다시 대한 만국 Rise Up The Republic Of Korea 노래: WLI Students 작시작곡… 댓글[1] 인기글 유샤인 2024-03-10 225
2182 중요한건 빼놓코 헛소리 하는 건국전쟁 영화 인기글 Gymlife2 2024-03-08 228
2181 -영화 ‘건국전쟁’ 을 보고- 나는 79학번 인하대 졸업생입니다. 댓글[1] 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 324
2180 O mio babbino caro, 아, 사랑하는 아빠, Oh my dear papa,  … 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 294
2179 살아야 할 이유? 무룡 (오디오만) The Reason To Live On - Muryong (audio o… 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 302
2178 막달라 마리아의 진실 - 우리는 지금 까지 막달라 마라이를 오해 했었다. 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-01 441
2177 답변글 Who Was Mary Magdalene in the Bible? 성경에 나오는 막달라 마리아는 누구였나? 인기글 유샤인 2024-02-22 429
2176 Jesus bleibet meine Freude, - Bach 나의 기쁨이신 예수 - 바흐 Jesus Rem… 인기글 유샤인 2024-01-20 637
2175 The Lily Of The Valley - Rev & Mrs Do Lee An offeri… 인기글 유샤인 2024-01-19 663
2174 꿈 Dream 황진이 시, 김안서 역시, 김성태곡, 손광선 노래 Poem: HwangJinYi, Lyrics… 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-23 971
2173 후애 厚愛 (아낌없는사랑) - 쏘프라노 김홍경, 박대웅 작곡, 조형정 작시 Bountiful Love - … 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-19 968
2172 시엔엔 (CNN)마저도 이제와서는 트럼프가 옳았고 바이든은 틀렸다!라고 보도하고 있다. 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-17 934
2171 명문대학 (성경의 하나님이 이승만 댜통령을 여하히 영적으로 성장시켰나를 알려주는 이야기다) 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-09 1069
2170 '살아야 할 이유 (The Reason To Live On)' 노래/Singer: 첫님 on Youtube … 인기글 유샤인 2023-12-01 1142
2169 가을밤 (이태선 시, 박태준 곡, 윤선애 노래) The Autumn Night - Singer: Yunm S… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-28 1131
2168 대한뉴스 제 1264-5호-故 박정희 대통령 국장 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-22 1055
2167 O del mio dolce ardor- Juan Florez 아, 나의 달콤한 열정이여 Oh, Of My … 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-22 1094
2166 O del mio dolce ardor- Jo Sumi 아, 나의 달콤한 열정이여 Oh, Of My Swee… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-21 1116
2165 시간에 기대어 -작시/작곡: 최진, Leaning on the time - 노래: 김홍경 소프라노와 그녀의 … 댓글[4] 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-11 1346
2164 All Things Bright And Beautiful - The Cambridge Singers John… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-05 1359
2163 도기질/ 쎄라믹 임플란트 와 티타늄 일플란트 비교 Zirconia Vs Titanium Implant for… 인기글 유샤인 2023-11-05 1270
2162 사도신경 (아이반 헤누치) The Apostles' Creed (Ivan Genuchi) 샌프란시스코 매스터… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-26 1375
2161 기도 /저희를 인도하소서 주님 - CHC 밀레니얼 현악단과 성가대 The Prayer / Lead Us,… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-25 1346
2160 주의 길로 인도하소서 - 작시/작곡: 홍지열 샌프란시스코 매스터 코랄 합창 Lead me in Thy p… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-23 1297
2159 산유화 - 상항 매스터코랄 합창 6/2023 , 김소월시, 이현철작곡, 김현 편곡 Flowers In Th… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-18 1361
2158 A Marechiare -Giuseppe Di Stefano 마레키아레에 - 주세페 디 스테파노 Corsic… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-13 1384
2157 청산에 살으리라- 테너 박세원, 김연준 작시작곡 In A Green Mountain, I Shall Live… 인기글 유샤인 2023-10-11 1373
게시물 검색
* 게시일 1년씩 검색합니다. '이전검색','다음검색'으로 계속 검색할 수 있습니다.
** 본 게시판의 게시물에 대하여 회사가 법적인 책임을 지지 않습니다.